You’re never too old and it’s never too late! People change over their lifespan and their dreams and goals and visions change as well! Join this fun group of adult learners in finding their way toward a life of purpose and personal fulfillment after retirement.
This workshop is primarily about discovery and empowering life change. Through an interactive exploration you will see how living a more purposeful life can positively impact your overall well-being and life satisfaction.
Everyone will participate in guided self-reflection and journaling exercises to help you identify your values, passions, and strengths as a way to uncover your ‘true self.’
- Through discussion and exercises, and the support of the group, you will have the opportunity to create meaningful new life goals using the SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-bound) goals.
- We will discuss techniques for overcoming obstacles, and for limiting beliefs that can hinder personal growth and change. We will explore techniques to overcome self-doubt, fear, and negative thought patterns.
- We will explore techniques for sustaining momentum and staying committed to living authentic and satisfying lives.
- We will re-commit to ongoing self-reflection, continuous learning and adaptation, in the journey towards a more purposeful life.
- And finally, we will create a “Personal Life Plan”, a graphic representation of each of our primary goals so that the achievement of each goal represents our true values, builds upon our strengths, expresses our life passion and aligns with our authentic vision for ourselves and the “difference we want to make.”
What to Expect:
You will discover much more about how your values, needs and strengths have changed over time. The object of the course is to design a Personal Life Plan as a guide for a future life of purpose, fulfillment, growth and contribution.
HYBRID course at the Easton Family YMCA (choose to participate in person, or through Zoom, but no recording) | 3 sessions | Wednesdays | March 6, 13, 20 | 10 – 11:30 am | $40